Wednesday 4 March 2009

Taking Shape


This is my third week working on the shed, and I'm super chuffed because its beginning to take shape. I never thought I'd enjoy the challenge of a landscape - but there's something very compelling about creating a sense of place. Will need to work up the earthy foreground and the green patch/horizon next session, adding the reeds which should lend the composition a dynamic, vertical element. First I need to invest in a 'rigger' brush; a slender, sable brush that will allow me to treat the reeds with the delicacy they deserve. Basically, there's lots left to do, but I've broken the back of this badboy. Other news: plans are underway for my next screen-print, one which will hopefully find its way onto a t-shirt. Think Slush Puppie, gone wrong... I just love channelling the 80s.

No comments: